Hankyong National University國立 韓京大學校
Significance and Characteristics of Opening
Anseong Public Agricultural School, a former school of Hankyong National University, was established in 1939, by purchasing about 58,000 pyeong of land in Seokjeong-dong, Anseong-Eup with a donation of benefactor Park Pil-Byung (50,000 won at the time).
In 1940, the school building was rebuilt and relocated, and in turn, the experiment practice land and sports grounds were cleaned up and settled. The establishment of the school was the result of a combination of the desire for education for the children of Anseong, the passion for social development of Pak, Byung-Bak, and the Japanese policy of increasing the rice grains to secure the military provisions
In the early days of its establishment, Anseong Public Agricultural School was a five-year school. Most of the teachers, including the first principal, were Japanese, with a capacity of 55 students.
At that time, the status of the school was high as the agricultural school was the only secondary education institution around Anseong except for Suwon. The curriculum included self-cultivation, sociology, Korean language, historical geography, mathematics, natural science, gymnastics dance training, field husbandry, soil fertilizer, silkworm farming, agricultural economy, forestry, agricultural engineering, conversation, music, Chinese and English.