- LocationAgricultural Hall 1 208
- To cultivate challenging intellectuals with expertise in the agricultural industry
- To cultivate professionals with creative thinking and practical skills.
- To develop responsible social workers with international sense and experience
- To nurture innovative farmers who drive industrial development in the agricultural industry
- To foster educators with the expertise to contribute to the development of the nation and local community
Plant Life & Environmental Science explore the efficient production and use of edible, medicinal and specialty crops, namely useful biomass, among a variety of plant resources in nature.
Emphasizing the basics of planting, plant physiology, plant genetics, soil science and biochemistry for the utilization of plant resources, this course cultivates specialists and succeeding generations through applied education such as molecular breeding, genetic engineering, tissue culture, seed science, plant ecology, ecological restoration, pesticides, natural product analysis, and biomass processing.
This course provides theoretical and practical training on gene function research related to plant development, environmental stress adaptation, high water flow, and high quality and trains plant biotechnology researchers and plant breeding technicians through theoretical and practical training on molecular breeding methods such as traditional breeding technology, genetic modification technology (GMO), gene editing, and molecular marker development.
Besides, through theoretical and practical training in agrochemicals, natural product chemistry, seed, ecology and environmental restoration for sustainable use of agriculture and natural ecosystems, cultivate professional personnel who can contribute to fostering a safe and sustainable agricultural industry based on overall knowledge of agricultural environment by securing food safety of agri-food to solve various environmental problems and utilizing useful biomass resources.
To respond to the changing needs of the times and the climate and the environment change, education on technologies using bio-energy (ethanol, diesel, methane gas, etc.) and petrochemical alternatives are provided through biochemical conversion of by-product biomass of the agricultural industry. With the calling of cultivating sustainable future smart agricultural technicians, we are contributing to the development of the national economy and agrarian industry by fostering experts in the farming sector through convergence education in related fields.
Career path after graduation
- Admission to Graduate Schools : General Graduate Schools, Graduate School of (Herbal) Medicine
- Public Officials : National officials (Research, administrative, technical staff of Rural Development Administration, Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries and its affiliates), local officials (Research staff, supervisor, professional staff, etc.)
- National Research Institute : Rural Community Corporation, Foundation of Agri. Tech. Commercialization & Transfer, National Agricultural Products Quality Management Services, Korea Seed & Variety Service, Korea Agro-Fisheries Trade Corp., National Institute of Ecology, EPIS, Plant Quarantine Office, Forestry Research Institute, NIER, KFRI, KFDA. Etc.
- Domestic Research Institute : KRIBS, KNBB, etc.
- Enterprises : National, public and private botanical gardens, Nonghyup, Seedling companies, Pesticide companies, Fertilizer companies, Pharmaceutical companies, Agricultural Environment-related companies, Golf courses, Botanical gardens, Soil environmental management venture, Water quality, and groundwater exploration companies, etc.
- International organizations : FAO, IAEA, IITA, IRRI, UNESCO, etc.
- Self-employed : Bio-Tech venture company, Professional agricultural manager, Botanical garden, Agricultural consulting, etc.