- LocationRoom 211, 2nd fl. Engineering Building 2, (Civil Engineering)
Room 320, Engineering Hall 3 (Safety)
Room 409, Engineering Hall 2 (Environment)
- Phone031-670-5140(Civil Engineering)
- Emailaa_lsb_aa@hknu.ac.kr(Civil Engineering)
- Fax031-678-4674(Civil Engineering)
- To foster professional engineers with creative, comprehensive design ability
- To train field experts for problem-solving in industrial sites
- To cultivate social workers who are good at communication and collaboration required for business
This department integrates civil engineering, safety engineering, and environmental engineering to create new knowledge and foster professional human resources by maximizing the synergy effect of education and research through grafting and convergence between disciplines.
Civil Track is a science that has grown with the development of civilization since the first academic system was established, aiming to contribute to national development and human prosperity by exploring the knowledge required to plan, design, construct and maintain the various infrastructures, which are mostly built with public capital, in a safer, more economical and environmentally friendly manner.
Safety Track aims to cultivate safety experts who can take charge of industrial accident prevention activities focusing in the construction and manufacturing industries, making students build engineering and practical safety management knowledge in the fields of construction, machinery, electricity, chemicals and systems safety. In particular, the safety engineering field of our university has maintained the highest level in Korea in the field of construction safety, ergonomics and system safety.
Environmental Trackstrong> operates the Environmental Engineering Enhancement Program following the Korea Institute of Engineering & Training Certification Standard 2015 (KEC 2015) to nurture environmental talents with practical problem-solving ability and creativity. To ensure a happy life, such as sustainable development of the environment and prevention of ecological disasters, it is providing specialized education that meets the current and future technical and social needs by combining environmental core technologies with Energy, Bio, Health, Nano, and Information Technologies.
Career path after graduation
- Government officials, Government Investment Institutes, Public Corporations, Construction Research Institutes
- Construction Company, Design, and Supervision Agent (Engineering Company), Construction Safety Manager
- Industrial safety managers at manufacturers and general industrial sites
- Environmental official (technical examination), Korea Environment Corporation, National Institute of Environmental Research, Korea Institute of Environmental Industry and Technology
- Ecological design and facility companies, environmental facility specialists, ecological impact assessors