- Location6th and 7th floor of the Natural Science Museum
- To train field experts with systematic expertise
- To develop innovative talents who can analyze and solve problems with new perspectives
- To nurture pioneers who respond flexibly to the change and continuously challenge
Landscaping is a comprehensive science and art discipline based on social and natural sciences to promote the desirable relationship between humans and the environment and on an in-depth understanding of various subjects such as urban planning, architecture, civil engineering, biology, and sociology. Therefore, the Department of Landscape Architecture aims to cultivate competent environmental planners, designers, and professional builders who can solve various problems in nature and human relations.
The Department aims to foster talented professionals with the intrusive and interdisciplinary skills required by the 21st century and to cultivate environmental experts with creative thinking based on the fundamental expertise. To foster practical talents, it is nurturing landscape specialists who have on-site problem-solving skills and collaboration skills with various fields. Over the past two decades, the department has produced more than 800 graduates, including more than 300 industry-consigned students, and is rapidly emerging as a metropolitan-based hub department.
Career path after graduation
- Construction companies : Samsung C & T, Samsung Everland, SK E & C, SK Forestry, Hyundai E & C, Hyundai Development Company, Etc.
- Design Company : Dohwa General Technology Corporation, Dongil Technology Corporation, Yushin Corporation, Korea Advanced Technology Development Corporation, Dasan Consultant, Landscape Design Seoan, Co., Ltd. Group Han, Shinhwa Consulting, Dongshimwon, CA Landscaping Engineer Office, Dongin Landscaping Yard, Etc.
- Public sector : Seoul City Hall, Gyeonggi-do Office, Cultural Heritage Administration, Pyeongtaek City Hall, Gimpo City Hall, Seongnam City Hall, Osan City Hall, SH Corporation, Gyeonggi Urban Development Corporation, Incheon Urban Development Corporation, Seoul Facility Management Corporation, Etc.