- Location#214, Natural Sciences Building
- To cultivate talents capable of mathematical thinking and deductive reasoning, the basis of modern science and technology
- To train professionals who establish and analyze mathematical models of phenomena in industry and society
- To foster practical experts who will lead the 4th industry flow with data analysis and programming skills
- To nurture global citizens with a sense of responsibility and challenge
This department prepares students to learn and utilize the basic knowledge of pure and applied mathematics and to provide computer science education so that they can handle computing practice.
First, the curriculum of mathematics is as follows. The curriculum includes the fundamental of Analytics, Algebra, Topology, and Geometry, which are the primary stems of mathematics, and provides additional applied science. In Analytics, students learn calculus, multivariate function theory, and vector analysis. Also, courses on linear algebra, differential equations, and complex analysis are provided. Algebra and Number Theory are opened, and Topology and Differential Geometry are opened to learn the fundamentals of this field. Also, the Department offers several statistical courses, including Basic Statistics, Mathematical Statistics, and Insurance Statistics, to provide practical training. Numerical analysis is also essential in practical mathematics. Besides, sessions on understanding Modern Mathematics, Discrete Mathematics, and Probability Theory have been opened so that students can look into the various sides of modern mathematics. The computational curriculum focuses on learning computer software to handle computer tasks, offering Programming Language Subjects such as Web Programming, Network Programming, Computer Operating System, and Computer Graphics.
Career path after graduation
- Intensive study through advancement to Graduate School
- To be a teacher at Middle and High School through advancement to Graduate School of Education
- To join financial institutions such as Banks, Securities Firms, Insurance Companies, Etc.
- To be in charge of computational practice at Financial Institutions and Companies
- Professional Programmer in a Computer Venture
- Working at a Polling Agencies