Article 42 (Qualification)
A student who wishes to submit a thesis for degree must meet the following requirements.
- Students who have completed or are expected to complete the degree program
- Students who have passed the foreign language test and comprehensive degree examination
- Students who have fulfilled the conditions of publication of the journal prescribed by the regulations of the department (major) of general graduate school (except contract department)
- The doctoral program and master's / doctoral doctorate program (except for the contract department) of general graduate school have published at least one paper in international journals (SCI, SCIE, SSCI, A & HCI) or at least two papers in domestic journals. Students who have submitted proof of publication
Article 43 (Preparation)
The system, method of writing, and standards of thesis shall be in accordance with the thesis writing guidelines of the Graduate School.
Article 44 (Submission)
- Students who wish to submit a thesis shall comply with the research ethics of the application form for the master's (doctoral) thesis examination in the attached form No. 22 and the format 23 in the annex form via the advisory professor and the head professor of the department during the designated period. A certificate of confirmation and thesis plagiarism test result form in Annex 23-1 should be submitted.
- When submitting thesis, 4 copies of master's degrees and 6 copies doctor's degrees should be submitted.
- If the submitted thesis is rejected by the dissertation review committee, the documents of paragraphs (1) and (2) shall be re-examined.
- After the thesis review has been completed, five completed papers, electronic file and paper license should be submitted to the Dean.
Article 45 (Time to submit)
- Thesis shall be submitted every May and November, but not later than 5 years after completion of degree program.
- Students who failed to submit thesis within 5 years after completion of the degree course, re-applied and passed the comprehensive examination, can extend the period to submit thesis for 2 years for 1 time.
Thesis submission procedure
- Submission of research plan
A person who wishes to prepare a dissertation for a master's or doctoral degree should submit a thesis research plan in the beginning of the expected submission semester.
- Graduation credits and grades
Master's program: 24 credits or more (27 credits for industrial substitution), Doctoral program.: 36 credits or more, and integrated master's and doctoral degree programs: 60 credits or more. Those who have a grade average of 3.0 or higher for all school years.
- Eligibility for thesis submission
Those who have completed and passed above foreign language test and the comprehensive examination
- Write dissertation
directed by advising professor
- Apply for review of dissertation
Pay the examination fee and submit the application form for reviewing thesis within the designated period
- Review of Dissertation
- Master's Program-3 examiners (select 2 examiners including advisor)
- Doctoral Program-5 examiners (select 4 examiners including advisor)
- Report of review results
Preliminary Review Results Report ➡ Main Review Results Report(Chairman of the review panel → Integrated administration office of graduate schools)
- Submission of Completed Thesis
5 volumes of master's books, 5 volumes of doctoral thesis and thesis file webmail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(1 copy of thesis license - separately distributed) ➡ Integrated administration office)
Note: Publication of thesis
Those who have received doctoral degree should publish their thesis within one year from the date of granting, and must notify the department of the publication
(Publication Method: Publication of book, Journal, Periodical, International Journal, Academic Seminar, and other Methods)
Submission of Thesis Research Plan
- Eligibility: Students who fall under the previous semester of the semester of the expected semester to submit thesis
(Example: 4th semester course shall be registered in the 3rd semester and the 6th semester course shall be registered in the 5th semester)
- Submission method: Input the title and contents of the thesis in the Next Generation Information System and print out the thesis to submit it to the department (The department office will collect and submit them to the integrated administration office of graduate schools)
- A. Input time: March & September
- B. Thesis Research Plan Registration Manual of Next Generation Information System
- Graduation Management after Login - Click to submit the thesis.
- Input the submission date, writing period, thesis title and click the registration of plan at the top to print out the plan and submit it with the approval of the advisor and the head professor.
- C. Others
- A student who wishes to designate a joint thesis advisor shall submit an additional application form for designating a joint thesis advisor.
Exemption of special graduate school students from submission of thesis and application for change of thesis.
- Special Graduate Schools: Graduate School of Industry, Graduate School of Public Policy and Graduate School of International Development Cooperation
- A. Application for exemption from dissertation: Students who wish to be granted with degree without submitting thesis among the students who are in the second semester.
- B. Application form for change of thesis (exemption of thesis submission): Students who wished to be granted with the degree by applying the degree exempting from thesis submission or submitting thesis but failed due to unavoidable reason, so wish to change the thesis among those in the immediate previous semester of the expected graduation (limited to only 1 time)
- C. Application time: April and October
- D. How to apply: After filling out the application form, submit it after approval of the advisor and head professor
- E. Note: Students who are exempt from thesis submission and wish to obtain a master's degree must acquire an additional 6 credits in the major field.
Submission of thesis
- Submission of thesis
Apply to the advising professorApproval by the advising professorPass the foreign language testPass the degree comprehensive examSubmit to examinersPreliminary reviewMain reviewSubmit the final versionReview and decision by graduate school committeeReport to the presidentConfer the degree
- A person who meets the completion requirements for each degree course (including those who are expected to complete the course) and passes the thesis examination qualification test (foreign language test and degree comprehensive examination) and has been recommended by the advising professor.
- Master's Degree (General Graduate School, Professional Graduate School): Students who have fulfilled the conditions of academic publication as prescribed by the regulations of department (major).
- Doctoral degree, master's and doctoral degree integrated course: Students who have published at least one paper in the international journal (SCI, SCIE, SSCI, A & HCI) or two or more papers in domestic journals or submitted a certificate of paper publication (excluding contracted departments) ).
- Writing method: According to the master's and doctoral thesis writing procedure.
- Submission time for the review version: twice a year (May-June, October-November)
- Submission time for the complete version: Only those who passed the thesis examination are allowed to submit in July and January every year.
- Required Documents
- A. For review version: Application form for review
Thesis version for review (3 copies for Master's Program, 5 copies for Doctoral Program)
Outline of thesis (4 copies for Master's Program, 6 copies for Doctoral Program)
Certificate of Compliance with Research Ethics
- B. Complete version: 5 copies of master's thesis (master's and doctoral course)
Transmission of thesis file by email (email@example.com)
1 copy of plagiarism test result
1 copy of thesis license
- A. For review version: Application form for review
- Deadline for submission: within 5 years after completion
- Students who failed to submit a graduation thesis within 5 years after completion of the degree course can reapply the degree comprehensive exam and extend the time to submit thesis for 2 years (allowed for 1 time only).