Scholarship of Graduate School
Article 65 (Division of Scholarships)
- Scholarships may be classified into campus scholarship and off-campus scholarships.
- The types of scholarships, off-campus scholarships, the students to be paid, and the amount of payment shall be determined by the Graduate Dean after deliberation by the Graduate School Committee.
Article 66 (Campus Scholarship Assignment)
- A scholarship of superior grade may not occupy more than 30 percent of the scholarship budget for the relevant semester.
- Scholarships for research assistants and teaching assistants may be assigned to more than one person per department.
- Scholarship for difficult economic situation will be assigned to scholarships in accordance with Article 9 (3) and Scholarships paid shall be deducted upon notification of tuition.
Article 67 (Selection of Scholarship Students)
The Dean of the Graduate School selects scholarship students through the recommendation of the head of department and the deliberation of the Graduate School Committee.
Article 68 (Payment of Scholarship)
- Campus scholarship shall be deducted or paid separately from tuition set by the Graduate School Committee. Off-campus scholarship shall be subject to the method prescribed by the Donator.
- Scholarships can be paid in duplicate within the semester's tuition.
Difficult economy scholarship
Income quintile review
|Subject to aggregate||Single (Student + Parent), Married (Student + Spouse)|
|Scope to aggregate||Health insurance premium paid (last one year)|
Health insurance premium by income quintile
|Income quintile||Quintile boundary value
|Criteria to calculate health insurance premium|
|Annual (Unit : Won)||Monthly (Unit: Won)|
|1st Q||Less than 1.35 M||Less than 16.2 M||505,440||42,120|
|2nd Q||Less than 2.25 M||Less than 27.00 M||842,400||70,200|
|3rd Q||Less than 3.16 M||Less than 37.92 M||1,183,100||98,590|
|4th Q||Less than 4.06 M||Less than 48.72 M||1,520,060||126,670|
|5th Q||Less than 4.51 M||Less than 54.12 M||1,688,540||140,710|
|Freshmen||Students who have an undergraduate or graduate average garde of 3.0 or higher|
|Enrolled students||Students who earned more than 6 credits in the previous semester, and have average grade 3.0 or higher and have no C0 or less for any subject in the previous semester.|
Priority and expected amount
|Classification||Basic life recipient||Working poor||Income quintile classification|
|Expected amount||Full amount of tuition||70% of tuition||40% of tuition|
Depending on the number of applicants, the amount to be paid may change.
Can be paid only to the outstanding grades within the budget (Average grade 4.0 or higher for the previous semester)
Research Competence Scholarship
- -Students who are freshmen or enrolled students of the master's or doctoral degree program at the graduate school and can work during the semester during the semester according to the “National Civil Service Regulations”
- Eligibility Requirements for Full Payment of Tuition Fee
A person who falls under any of the following requirements
- SCI-level papers: 1 or more as the first author during the degree course
- Research thesis published in the research foundation: 2 or more as the first author during the degree program
* Subject to the Graduate School Research Capability Scholarship of Hankyong National UniversityOnly papers that have been published at the time of submission of research plan will be accepted.
Prescribed number of students
- The number of applicants will be decided according to the scholarship assignment at the beginning of semester.
- Freshmen will be selected first and then current students will be selected. However, the number of freshmen selected shall not exceed half of the total number of students.
- Up to two students can be recommended first, and additional recommendations can be made within the vacant seats.
Priority for selection
How to assess research plan (result)
- The assessment is divided by department and major. The assessors will be composed of full-time faculty members recommended by the head professor, but the advisor is not included in the assessment committee.
- The committee assesses the research plan and the research performance report set out in Article 6(2) of the Research Capability Scholarship Support Guidelines.
- Assessment result is evaluated by P/F
- Recipients of scholarships will be given priority
|Students||The subjects||-Paper records for Research Capability Scholarship -Evidence of documentation|
|Existing recipient||-Confirmation of candidates for thesis (Attachment 2)|
|2018-1st semester recipient||-Research Capability Scholarship Research Report|
|2018-2nd semester applicants (Freshmen and current students)||-Research Capability Scholarship Research Plan -Confirmation of Health Insurance Eligibility (issued within one month)|
|Department||-Research Capability Scholarship Application for 2018-2nd Semester (Excel Form) -Research Capability Scholarship -Research Capability Scholarship|
Sanctions for Non-submitters: If a research capability scholar does not publish a thesis, the research capability scholarship will not be assigned to the advising professor for two years.
Award for excellent thesis of graduate school
- Purpose: Encourage graduate students to encourage and promote excellent papers
- Best Paper Award
- A graduate student of Hankyong National University, written as the main author (first author or correspondent author)
- International Journal: SCI-level (SCI, SSCI, A & HCI, SCIE)
- Korean and internationally recognized academic journals: SCOPUS article, Korea Research Foundation List (candidate)
- Award criteria and number of awards
- International Journal of IF aggregate rate ⇒ 2 students
- International journal JCR IF High rate ⇒ 2 students
- Total number of papers published in domestic and internationally recognized academic journals ⇒ Around 3 students
Eligibility and application time
|Classification||General repayment school loan|
|Subjects||Subjects||Undergraduates and graduates in Korea
(Except credit banking institutions and foreign universities)
|Age||Younger than 55 years old in full
((Till 59 years old in full for the students who entered before getting 55 years old)
|GPA|| • Freshman: No limit
• Current students: Minimum college credits (or 12 credits) and college grades at least 70/100 (C grade)
※ Students with disabilities are not eligible for grades and credits.
[[Grade and Credit Exception Criteria]]
Favorable criteria will apply to students in case of overlapping application
|Credit requirement||Loan will be restricted to persons who are delinquents or defaulters for the school loans|
|Loan interest rate||Fixed rate (Annual 2.20%)|
|Loan condition|| Tuition fee: Full amount required
※ Total amount of loan
• Universities (including colleges): 40 million won
• 5 or 6 year colleges and universities or general graduate schools: 60 million won
• School of Medicine, Dentistry, Oriental Medicine and Special Graduate School: 90 million won
• Cost of living: 3 million won per year (1.5 million won per semester)
|Loan period||Selectable up to 20 years (10 years of retention period + 10 years of repayment period)|
|Repayment||Choose between principle equal payment and principal equal payment (monthly payment)
※ Early repayment is possible (No fees due to early repayment)
Loan application method
- Application and execution on the student loan portal site (www.kosaf.go.kr)
- Login-Student visits homepage (www.kosaf.go.kr) and login (ID, password)
- Application button-Apply for student loans Click menu → Fill out application form
- Application Agreement and Pledge-Agreement to Collect, Use, Provide, and Inquire Personal (Credit) Information and Accept Applicant Agreement
- Application Information-school information input, personal and family information input (unmarried: parent information, married: spouse information)
- Loan Application-Student Loan Check Box
※ However, when applying for student loans to determine the quintile, 'consent of household members' is required.
- During the registration period, go to the Korea Scholarship Foundation's homepage and confirm the loan approval before executing the loan.
- Payment of tuition fee shall be completed (tuition transfer to university directly from Korea Scholarship Foundation)
- Registration can be confirmed the day after loan execution
※ Just before the deadline, there is a concern about computer failure due to congestion.
Inquiry on loan related documents
Korea Scholarship Foundation website (http://www.kosaf.go.kr), Call Center: 1599-2000